ROHS refers for the Restriction of Hazards Substances. It is designed for the restriction of the use of hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (EEE)”. Its objective is to restrict the use of six hazardous substances within electrical and electronic equipment Such as Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, Hexavalent Chromium (Cr-VI), Polybrominated Biphenyl (PBB), Polybrominated Biphenyl ether (PBDE)
All applicable products in the EU market must pass the ROHS compliance after July 1, 2006. The mandatory requirement of ROHS directive is applicable for the European Union and the impact of
Benefits of ROHS Certification
- Mandatory requirement for the European Union.
- Improve reliability and efficiency of the product.
- Improve brand value and market value in the international market
- It helps to the organization to produce safe products
- Develops the better relationship between the client and the organization
Process to get the ROHS Certification
- Application:- This is the first step to get the ROHS certification, the application covers some basic information of the company. The certification body must accept the application and needs to b record or maintain all the information on the ROHS database.
- Review of Application:- The application received shall be reviewed by the team to ensure that the compliance requirement have been fulfilled.
- Quote and Agreement:- After the review of documents we provide the price quotation to the client and performs the Gap Analysis to cover all the clauses and section of the quality standards and Gap Analysis is done to check the Gap between company planned things and achieved things.
- Documentation Review:- check the document of the organization to ensure that the documentation fulfilled the compliance requirement.
- Stage-1 Audit:- Evaluate your organizations documented procedure and policies against the compliance requirement.
- Review:- Review the documentation of your management system to ensure that the compliance requirement have been contented.
- Corrective action:- Corrective action is deal with the non conformity. It has taken when the non conformity occurs.
- Verification:- Verify the documentation of the organization as per the standard requirements.
- Stage-2 Audit:- In stage-2 audit, the auditor verifies that the organization implement according to its documentation and if the auditor of certification body identifies the non-conformities then the auditor give the opportunity to correct the non-conformities.
- Review:- Review the implementation process according to the organizations document.
- Corrective Action:- If there is any non conformity occurs then the corrective action has been taken.
- Verification:- Verify work instruction and implementation process are being followed by your employees.
- Granting of Certification:- The Certification Body will issue a certificate of compliance, which is valid for three years.